Skin Cancer Treatment at DermCare, MississaugaOf all conditions, we treat here at DermCare in Mississauga, cancer is by far the most serious. It can be disfiguring, or even fatal, if it progresses to advanced stages. Luckily, most skin cancers can be treated with an excellent success rate when detected early.
Types of skin cancerThere are many types of skin cancer. The most common include:
- Melanoma – This type of skin cancer spreads very rapidly, making it the most dangerous. Without prompt treatment, the tumor can increase in size, and the cancer can spread to other areas of the body. Melanoma kills over 1,000 Canadians annually.
- Basal cell carcinoma – Although rarely deadly, basal cell carcinoma can be disfiguring without prompt treatment. It is the most common skin cancer, with millions of new cases diagnosed each year.
- Squamous cell carcinoma – This is nearly as prevalent basal cell carcinoma, and is more aggressive.
Prevention, diagnosis, and treatmentThere are two things you should know about the development of skin cancer.
- The number one risk factor is UV exposure. You can dramatically reduce your chances of getting skin cancer by using sun protection and avoiding indoor tanning.
- UV protection will reduce, but not eliminate, the risk. Self-checks and annual screenings are essential no matter how careful you are in the sun or what your skin type is.
Have you had your annual cancer screening? Call 365-800-0535 to schedule an appointment at DermCare.
Click on the logo to see products offered by DermCare.Learn More
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
DermCareRating : 5
Duffy “I can’t say enough about the service I received from your office. After spending thousands of dollars in other offices, I finally found an office that knows skin! No frills or fuss but to the point basics of getting my skin beautiful. I tell everyone about Dr. Al-Mohammedi, even other doctors!”