DERMAL FILLER AT DERMCARE, MISSISSAUGA
Time is an insidious thief. It steals away natural facial volume, leaving skin with inadequate support. Over time, wrinkles and folds develop, while facial contours diminish and become more angular. Dermal filler treatment, available at DermCare in Mississauga, is an excellent way to replace lost volume and restore your youthful appearance.
WHAT ARE DERMAL FILLERS?
A dermal filler is an injectable product used to restore fullness and reduce the appearance of lines. There are several types of dermal fillers. At DermCare, we use Juvederm, Belotero, Revanesse, TEOSYAL and Restylane. We ensure we select the best brand of dermal fillers to match your specific skin’s needs. Those formulated with HA (hyaluronic acid) are generally safe for most patients. HA is a compound that occurs naturally in the skin, so there is virtually no risk of allergic reaction.
The uses of dermal fillers include:
- Plumping thin lips
- Filling in hollow or sunken cheeks
- Reducing the appearance of facial folds and wrinkles
- Smoothing and shaping the chin
- Enhancing the overall contours of the face
ABOUT THE PROCEDURE
The process is straightforward and efficient:
- We begin with a consultation. After discussing your goals, we may recommend dermal fillers alone or as an adjunct to other antiaging treatments.
- Your dermatologist will determine the best type of filler, as well as the ideal amount and location of treatment.
- The area is cleaned, and a precise amount of filler is injected using a fine needle. The area can be numbed in advance if you have concerns about discomfort.
- You will notice an increase in volume immediately. Initially, post-treatment swelling may make the area look overfilled or uneven. Any lingering swelling should subside within a few days to a couple of weeks. You will then be able to see the final results.
Your youthful new appearance can last for many months and can be maintained with occasional touch-up appointments. Call (905) 625-5600 and schedule a consultation to find out if fillers are right for you.