Moles Treatment at DermCare, MississaugaMoles are very common, almost every adult has at least a few. Up to 40 moles on the body is normal. They do not pose a direct risk to your health, but cancer can grow near or in a mole. Also, they can be an aesthetic concern. At DermCare in Mississauga, we offer complete diagnosis and treatment.
When you should worryHow can you tell the difference between skin cancer and a benign mole? If the mole changes in size, shape, or color you should have it checked. Other signs of cancer include a large size, uneven edges, or an asymmetrical shape.
Detecting skin cancer early is the key to successful treatment.
- Pay attention to your skin. Learn what moles and other growths or marks look like, so that you can tell when changes occur.
- Perform self checks regularly at home. Use a mirror so that you can thoroughly examine every area of your body. Don’t forget your scalp. Ask a friend or family member for help if needed.
- If you notice suspicious moles, spots, or growths, schedule an appointment at DermCare right away.
Treating molesMole removal is not medically necessary unless cancer is present. However, you may wish to have certain moles removed for cosmetic reasons. Also, moles can be painful or uncomfortable if they rub against jewelry or clothing. It is an outpatient procedure performed with local anesthetic. If the mole may be cancerous, we will send it to a laboratory for analysis.
Mole removal techniques include:
- Excision surgically removes the entire mole.
- Cryotherapy uses liquid nitrogen to freeze the mole.
- Laser therapy removes the mole with a laser rather than a scalpel.
Click on the logo to see products offered by DermCare.Learn More
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
DermCareRating : 5
Duffy “I can’t say enough about the service I received from your office. After spending thousands of dollars in other offices, I finally found an office that knows skin! No frills or fuss but to the point basics of getting my skin beautiful. I tell everyone about Dr. Al-Mohammedi, even other doctors!”