Understanding the process of acne treatment in Mississauga, ON
Even though many people think of acne as a teenage affliction, acne is actually a very common condition that affects women and men of all ages. In addition to the embarrassment that active breakouts can cause, acne can also leave scars that linger for long after breakouts have subsided. At DermCare in Mississauga, ON, our team of dermatologists offers effective treatments for both active acne and the scars that acne can leave behind.
Treatments for Active Acne
For patients suffering from active acne breakouts, the process of acne treatment may include one or a combination of the following approaches:
- Oral medication prescriptions
- SkinCeuticals topical treatments
- In-office skin clearing treatments such as laser or light therapies
- Recommendations on the optimal skincare products and regimen to take care of your skin at home
Treatment for Acne Scars
For some patients, acne scars are more troubling than the actual breakouts. At DermCare, we provide safe and effective treatments to help erase acne scars and help you achieve smoother, more evenly toned skin. These may include:
- Microneedling with radiofrequency energy: Microneedling is a time-tested method of restoring healthy skin by creating micro-injuries with ultra-fine needles. When used in combination with radiofrequency energy, microneedling stimulates a cascade of healing and restorative processes in your skin, including a boost in collagen and elastin, which helps minimize the appearance of scars and provides other rejuvenating and anti-aging effects.
- Chemical peels: Deeper chemical peels can help exfoliate the upper layers of the skin and reveal healthier, smoother skin beneath the surface.
- Dermal infusions: This non-invasive procedure is used to exfoliate the skin and infuse it with revitalizing topical treatments that are specifically chosen for your type of acne scars and overall skin care needs. These treatments leave your skin feeling refreshed, hydrated, smooth, and more evenly toned.
Schedule your consultation today
If you have acne or scars left over from past acne breakouts, you don’t need to let it affect your appearance and self-confidence. Call DermCare in Mississauga, ON today at (905) 625-5600 to learn about which acne and acne scar treatment options are right for you!
Back to Acne Treatment Page